Driver Fusion 2.8
March 12, 2015
We're very excited to announce the release of Driver Fusion 2.8, now available for download. This releases introduces many community suggested features, along with several other changes that you will find below.
- Device control & health check - Community suggested feature - The destinations for driver backups are now entirely shared. You can add new or delete existing destinations through the settings.
- Update - Community suggested feature - Added a progress indicator while updating Driver Fusion to a new version.
- Interface - Community suggested feature - The dialog screens and menu are redesigned to improve usability.
- Settings - Community suggested feature - The settings have been completely redesigned and reorganized with a focus on the ease of use. As a result, several settings have been changed or combined with other settings. Along with these improvements, the settings are now stored in another format that is less prone to error.
- Monitor - Community suggested feature - Improved the detection of the latest Intel CPUs.
- Device control - Community suggested feature - Install a driver now includes driver backups from all destinations.
- Device control - Improved the detection of corrupt driver backups.
- Windows - Improved the compatibility with Windows 10.
- Connectivity - Improved the detection of internet access.
- Interface - Increased the width of the edges of the window to make it easier to resize.
- Interface - Improved the performance, most noticeable on low-end machines.
- Interface - On Windows XP, decreased the font size to match the font size of Windows Vista and higher.
- Interface - The window location is now remembered per screen resolution.
- Interface - Improved the positioning of menu buttons on small window sizes.
- Starting/closing - Opening another instance of Driver Fusion could occasionally cause Driver Fusion to close unintentionally.
- Desktop - Resolution and monitor information was not stored correctly.
- Interface - On Windows XP, maximize would only maximize to one half of the screen.
- Steam - Two Steam achievements could in some cases not unlock.
Anything else you would like to see added or improved? Let us know!
For all Driver Fusion Premium users, your installation will update automatically.