Omnify Hotspot 2.2
We're delighted to announce the release of Omnify Hotspot 2.2. This release contains several improvements based on your feedback. Please send your comments and suggestions to us, we like to read and use them!
You can now block those annoying and unwanted advertisements per device. Previously, blocking advertisements was applied to each device.
Starting with this release, you need to have at least .NET Core 3.1 installed. .NET Framework has received its last major version and .NET Core is the future of .NET. If you don't have it installed then our installer can automatically install it for you.
The network driver has been updated and the issues that you've reported have all been fixed.
Driver Fusion 2.2
July 2, 2014
Driver Fusion 2.2 has been released and is available for download or update within Driver Fusion. This release features multiple performance improvements, improved health check results, and a more responsive interface. See below for a full list of all the changes made.
- Interface - Health check and driver family now show progress in the taskbar of Windows 7 and higher.
- Health check - The tooltip of the driver now includes the Windows error message when the driver install fails.
- Device control - Added a driver backup failed message in case the backup failed.
- Device control - The message shown when a driver install fails now includes the Windows error message.
- Device control - Added the authenticode information of the driver to driver overview.
- Device control - Community suggested feature - You can now also backup online drivers instead of only installed drivers. This enables you to download a driver without being forced to immediately install the driver.
- Settings - Community suggested feature - A new setting has been added so that a minimum driver signature can be selected for the drivers that are downloadable through health check or device control. The available options are none, signed, authenticode verified by a trusted publisher, authenticode, and WHQL.
- Driver families - Added new categories and devices with a lot of new driver family entries to clean, such as devices and peripherals from Razer, Mad Catz, Synaptics, Dell, Epson, Lexmark, Kyocera, Brother and Canon. The existing driver families also have been greatly improved by adding a large number of new driver family entries.
- Interface - All screens are now loaded asynchronous and do not block the user interface anymore during loading.
- Interface - Longer lasting tasks, such as the health check and driver family scan, can now be cancelled.
- Filters - Added a filter to show custom, existing or all filters.
- Localization - Added 11 new languages: Chinese (Traditional, Taiwan) with special thanks to D. Hsieh, Yoruba (Nigeria), Punjabi (India), Nepali (Nepal), Maori (New Zealand), Lao (Lao P.D.R.), Khmer (Cambodia), Igbo (Nigeria), Hausa (Latin, Nigeria), Bosnian (Latin, Bosnia and Herzegovina), Mongolian (Cyrillic, Mongolia), and Marathi (India).
- Health check - The tooltip of the driver now includes the provider, release date, version, and signature.
- Health check - Changed the cursor of the driver backup destination icon to a pointer to better indicate that it is clickable.
- Health check - Drivers with a lower version number than the installed driver are now also allowed to be installed. This is especially useful when the older driver, such as the default Microsoft driver, has a higher version number than the newer driver shipped by the vendor.
- Health check - Increased the amount of drivers that can be downloaded for missing and outdated drivers through improved matching.
- Device control - Changed the color for missing devices and missing drivers in the colored bar.
- Device control - Improved the overall detection rate of device identifier by including the compatible ids of the device.
- Device control - The installed driver filter is now always located at the right side of the screen for consistency.
- Device control - Improved and the naming scheme and performance of backup.
- Interface - Renamed location at driver backup to destination to make it similar to health check.
- Treexy account - It is now possible to register and sign in using your email address instead of a username. The existing usernames are no longer required and will be removed in the future. Remembered account details (if enabled) will automatically use your email address the next time you sign in.
- Treexy account - Improved handling of sign in and sign out so that users have less chance of waiting for the server to reset existing sessions that are not closed correctly.
- Interface - The filters and history data grid now automatically scrolls to the top when changing the selected item.
- Interface - Screens that have success messages (such as resend email or reset password) now show a green notification upon success.
- Interface - All dialog screens are now the same size.
- Health check - Updated the translations to give a more meaningful warning message. For example, no more driver install confirmation warning is given when only a driver backup is created.
- Product activation - The upgrade to premium label was not immediately hidden after license activation.
- Device control - Devices could in some cases not show any driver information even though there was a driver installed.
- Device control - Removing a backup in install driver did not refresh the content correctly.
- Device control - Install driver asked to select the online driver to install when the only available driver was hidden due to the active filter setting.
- Device control - Switching between the results of device identifier no longer has a delay.
- Device control - Reboot notifications could in some cases not show.
- Device control - The view all filter did not show phantom devices.
- Device control - The current search query was not reapplied after performing a scan.
- Device control - The state of related devices did not refresh when enabling or disabling a device that influences the state of related devices. For example, Bluetooth devices are usually related to a couple of other devices.
- Device control & health check - Driver backup could in some cases not detect all existing backups correctly.
- Device control & health check - The last used backup destination was not remembered correctly between device control and health check.
- Interface - Localized dates were not displayed in accordance with the regional settings of Windows.
- Interface - White pixels and lines shown on top of the window.
- Interface - Inconsistent alignment of the text in the there are no items available entry.
- Interface - Very slow sorting of columns in data grids with a large number of entries.
- Driver family - The types of the driver families were not translated.
- Health check - The first group in health check shifted up a few pixels as soon as the scrollbar appeared.
- Health check - The animation of collapsing a group in health check could sometimes flicker.
- Starting/closing - Unintentional closing due to invalid window positions being used to restore the window to.
- Starting/closing - Sorting entries could in some cases, especially during an active scan, cause Driver Fusion to close unintentionally.
For all Driver Fusion Premium users, your installation will update automatically!