It has been 16 days since the launch of Driver Fusion on the 12th of July and everything went really great. We were able to fix initial problems fast with the release of Driver Fusion 1.1.1 only a few days later. As a start-up company we've learned a lot in the past two weeks. This was our first official product release and Driver fusion is already being downloaded around once a minute on average!
We really enjoyed the correspondence in the last two weeks. We were amazed about the nice emails that we received and it was good to see that people know how to reach us. The questions that we received through email and social media allowed us the help you, the users, fast and reliably but also provided us with valuable feedback about what we can improve at our end. There were even those that went beyond asking a question and took the effort to think along with us and gave great suggestions. We are working hard to incorporate all the great ideas. Thank you (you know your name ;-) ) again for taking the time and effort, we cannot stress enough how much we appreciate your help.
Besides providing support we already started the development of a new Driver Fusion release. The ideas for the next releases are thus far:
- Improve keyboard assistance (this includes being able to press enter to sign in!)
- The current solution has virtualization (<- makes things a lot faster) problems on certain configurations. We are unable to reproduce the problem on our test systems but the amount of reports is high enough to justify looking for an alternative method. This should resolve the rare cases in which Driver Fusion still stopped working after the 1.1.1 update.
- Support for even more system drivers, with Logitech sound being one. Printer system drivers support is also something that we want to add.
- Double-click on system driver entries to open Windows Explorer or Regedit so that you can directly go to the source of the system driver entry.
- Improve language support. We already have help with improving the Polish translation but we would really like to improve the other translations as well.
- Better differentiation in the interface between account registration and verification.
- Notification in Device Control when an action requires a reboot of your operating system.
- The ability to resend the account verification code in case the user doesn't receive the email.
- Complete backup for all OEM drivers to ease reinstall of your operating system.
- The ability to generate reports of the collected driver information.
You will probably have some ideas yourself about what should be added to or changed in Driver Fusion. Please let us know so that we can give you your desired functionality in the new releases. It can be as easy as making a Tweet or writing on our Facebook wall. If you need a more elaborate platform to present your grand ideas then you can of course also email us or create a post on the Treexy forum.
Thanks again for all your support and don't forget the 25% off Driver Fusion coupon which can only be used on 100 orders (there are still some left)!