Driver Fusion 1.7
Version 1.7 is here! This release of Driver Fusion focuses on improving the interface and user experience. The release notes below contain more specific details about the updates, changes and fixes that Driver Fusion 1.7 introduces.
- Driver family - Driver inspection and driver overview have been combined into a single completely redesigned screen named driver family (named driver family because all driver versions are combined into one group, e.g. AMD display drivers). The redesigned interface includes a more spacious layout, icons and better navigation.
- Category view - Instead of listing all drivers the driver family screen just shows the categories. This makes it easier to find the driver that you want to delete instead of having to search through the list of all driver families.
- Details view - This view provides the list of all driver families just like you were used to but now with the new design of the driver family screen.
- Notification bar - Hints and notifications have been combined into one simple notification bar at the top of the screen.
- Steam - If you use Driver Fusion on Steam you can now launch Driver Fusion without having the Steam client running. To do so you need to run the Driver Fusion executable with the parameter "-nosteam" (without the quotes).
- Hint navigation - It is now possible to pause hints. Previous and next buttons can be used to browse all the hints manually.
- Installed filter - Driver overview has been integrated with the new driver family screen. Installed drivers can now be filtered from the complete list by selecting the option to only show installed drivers.
- No items available - Added an empty item text to lists that do not contain any items yet.
- Manual and credits - Buttons have been added to the general settings to open the manual and view the credits screen.
- Updated hints - Most of the texts have been updated, this also includes several new tooltips.
- Verification - Resend verification will now return the user to the verification screen instead of returning to the main Driver Fusion window.
- Multi removal - It is no longer possible to select multiple driver families by default. Experienced users can re-enable the selection of multiple driver families in the cleaning settings.
- Progress indication - Backup and removal of driver family entries now indicates its progress in percentages.
- Monitor - Support has been added for more hardware. This includes Samsung SSDs, Intel Haswell and AMD Jaguar CPUs.
- Device control - Device control has been moved to the maintenance section instead of the computer section.
- Device driver backup - Backups made with device control now better adhere to the file structure as originally defined by the vendors.
- Horizontal scrolling - Improved horizontal scrolling support, fixing certain settings being partially unreadable on small window sizes and devices having unnecessary horizontal scrollbars in device control.
- Desktop backup - Fixed desktop backup showing '0 icons'.
- Faulty log - Fixed a potential crash on Windows Vista when trying to load a corrupted log in the log screen.
- In-app update - Temporary update files would sometimes not be deleted. Driver Fusion now checks on startup if all temporary files from the last update were deleted properly.
- Device driver backup - Some files would not be incorporated in the restore procedure due to incorrect naming.