Omnify Hotspot 2.0
We are pleased to announce the release of the Omnify Hotspot 2.0. This new release adds the ability to change between profiles and also improves various areas based on your feedback. Please send your comments and suggestions to us, we like to read and use them!
Easily create a new profile in Wi-Fi hotspot & repeater with its own settings and connected devices. Whether you are at home, on a business trip, or visiting friends, you can switch between them at any time without the need to remember their names and passwords. You can also use it to create a guest network in seconds.
Within Wi-Fi hotspot & repeater, the internet and network access settings will no longer force the changes on existing devices. You'll need to press Ctrl to override the settings for existing devices. Furthermore, you can now whitelist or blacklist a URL for the advertisement blocker by creating a domains_whitelist and domains_blacklist file in the installation directory and adding the URL on a new line.
Wi-Fi hotspot & repeater starting time
Restarting a hotspot or repeater is no longer waited for if there are no devices connected.
You should see a significantly reduced latency and CPU usage thanks to a lot of optimizations.
Windows 7 compatibility has been improved and the issues that you've reported have all been fixed.
Driver Fusion 2.0
February 8, 2014
This new release contains the most requested feature for Driver Fusion, namely an automatic driver updater! This feature can be found in health check under maintenance, together with the ability to automatically create a backup of all drivers. Driver Fusion 2.0 also contains many other improvements and resolved issues. Below you will find the release notes containing the other changes.
- Health check - Community suggested feature - Health check analyses your computer's health and helps you to easily fix the detected issues. Its automatic driver updater is ideal for installing missing or newer drivers without having to worry about technical details. You can also use health check to create a backup of all installed drivers at once.
- Driver backup & online - Community suggested feature - The installed driver version is now displayed to easily distinguish between the different driver versions.
- Driver backup & online - Community suggested feature - Added a filter to hide the installed driver version from the available drivers that can be installed.
- Driver backup & online - Community suggested feature - The installed driver version and the backed up driver version (if any) is now displayed.
- Device control - Driver files now includes the information file (.inf) and catalog file (.cat) from the installed driver.
- Device control - Driver backups are now stored in an easy to understand folder name by including the device name and driver version.
- Device identifier - Increased the amount of devices that can be identified as a result of multiple inquiries per device.
- Filters - You can now use a file and directory browser to make it easier to select a file or directory.
- Device control - Improved the performance of retrieving device and driver information.
- Device control - Driver backups now store more data in the backup information file (.3xy) to improve filtering for devices.
- Device control - Driver files now automatically wrap the text when it exceeds the available width.
- Device control - It is now possible to enable and disable devices with encountered problems.
- Device control - Improved the performance of loading all devices by about 800%. This is especially noticeable on Windows XP and Windows Vista.
- Monitor - The interface is no longer disabled during initial loading of the screen. Loading is now also immediately finished when visiting the monitor screen again.
- Interface - In case of a network problem, the premium status is now only reset when going to another screen. This allows the user to continue with their current screen even though online features will be out of order due to the network problem.
- History - The interface is no longer disabled during initial loading of the screen.
- Interface - Improved the overall responsiveness of Driver Fusion.
- Interface - The file sizes of empty files are now displayed as 0 KB instead of 0 B.
- Settings - Renamed messages, located in the general section, to protection.
- Settings - The system restore setting is now located under protection in the general section.
- System protection - On Windows 8, system protection is now always executed regardless of the age of a previous restore point. This is now consistent with the behaviour from previous Windows versions.
- Steam - Removed Steam Community Overlay integration as it was disabled by Valve.
- Device control - On Windows XP, a driver backup could in some cases not find a catalog file.
- Device control - On Windows Vista, driver information would sometimes be empty.
- Device control - On Windows Vista, a driver could in some cases not be downloaded.
- Device control - A driver backup was not saving the backup information file (.3xy) when the backup location was changed. This prevented Driver Fusion from automatically detecting the created backups.
- Device control - Several dates, such as the driver release date, were not displayed in accordance with the regional settings of Windows.
- Device control - Very short button flickering when selecting a different device.
- Device control - The backup and uninstall buttons were still visible when there was no driver installed.
- Product activation - Adding an existing Driver Fusion Premium product code displayed the incorrect error message.
- Starting/closing - Several issues that caused Driver Fusion to close unintentionally.
- Steam - Fixed an issue with the Steam build that caused Driver Fusion to randomly close immediately after starting.
For all Driver Fusion Premium users, your installation will update automatically!